What is this?
A home-based, all-age, flexible resource for individuals and churches who want to learn and explore the biblical story from Genesis to Revelation.
There are 52 sessions in this series, making it easily applied to one year.
Each session focuses on one story or story series.
In a session, you will find:
- Scripture: This is the broad scope of the scripture for the story(ies) you will focus on.
- Review the big story: A reminder of the context we are placing this story into.
- Key Verses: A few verses to focus on, or to potentially memorize.
- Tell the Story: A simple, bare-bones telling of the story, including specific passages to read from the Bible. This prompt will also often mention pages in the Shine On Story Bible to read. We highly recommend this story Bible, put out by MennoMedia
- Prime the Pump: Interesting tidbits and things to notice as you read. Choose 1-3 of these prompts to focus your reading and conversation on.
- Microsong: Lyrics and recording of this story's short song.
- Sing the Big Song: Lyrics and recording of the full song to this point.
- Go do your household project!: This weekly prompt is a reminder to keep working on your household project. We suggest that each household (or group of people who choose to collaborate) choose a project that they will work on each week, which will culminate in a big story project. We have lots of project ideas listed on the subscription portion of this website, and we hope you all will come up with many more. To learn more about the inspiration behind these household projects, click here.